Sunday, February 24, 2008

Funkey 600mm FG silver

I recently got another part to use as test blades after crash. Because the heli was running on the tt50 muffler, so it was already low on power. Coupled with the fact that I am so used to the rotor tech 610mm, I found this blade hard to manage w/o bogging.

At 2040rpm, this blade climbs real fast, however cyclic seems to be much slower than the rotor tech 610mm. Pop was almost non-existent and stops were very imprecise, as can be observed from push-overs and slappers. While it performs fine for 80% of what I can do, it really is lacking badly in the other 20% like tic-toc and slappers. My rolling stall turn looked nicer though. Overall, they feel SOFT. While it isn't as demanding on the engine like the GCT, it wasn't as stiff as the GCT. These are definately not the blades anyone want to be flying when doing things low, because they don't bite the air well. I set it up for +/-12.5 and 7.5cyclic.

Also, funkey changed the box-art again.







No comments :