Saturday, March 8, 2008

Upgraded Raptor Elevator A Arms.

Upgraded the A arms. Thought the upgraded ones are metal but alas, I realise they are plastic after I bought them. A lot stronger than the stock ones though.
2 complaints.
1. The holes on the arms for the ball link screw was NOT threaded. It was a bit*h to stuff the screw in.
2. Its ridiculously overpriced. $40 for two pieces of TT plastic arms, personally, I feel thats more like JR spare prices.

I always thought the stock plastic A arm was a bit filmsy and soft which means the swash was going out of phase slightly in flight because the arms were suppose to act as anti rotation for the swash. I saw the arms on some photos of Colin Bell 's raptor 50 which has very minimal upgrades and I thought they probably make a difference. With these, big loops were more straight and requires less corrections, but it could also be due to the fact that I changed the washout linkages and the elevator arms together which took out some slop. Anyway, that is what I have been trying to achieve, so doesn't matter which make the difference.

IMHO, the elevator arm for a heli w/o anti rotation arm should be ball bearing supported at the pivot point.

No comments :