Thursday, January 3, 2008

Paddles

I am flying on a tight budget, so I really try not to spend on those $50 carbon paddles, although they might be better, but I feel the greenies are good enough for cyclic when combined with the Rotor Tech 610mm and I feel they look darn good, both on the ground and in the air.

So far I have only tried Thundertiger plastic paddles. Why TT and why Plastic? Because their shape are supposed to be good and they are real affordable right from the LHS.

Thundertiger Green Paddles

20g. Transform the raptor into a totally different heli. A big improvement in cyclic, however, I noticed a slight pitch up when doing very fast forward flight. Not too much of an issue to me though. The plastic seems to be a lot softer than the black and white ones and my grub screw holes actually stripped when I overtighten in slightly. Never had this problem with my black or white paddles. To me, they match the yellow dirty Rotor Tech pretty well. Ultimate looking in Kiddyness.




White Paddles

25g paddles. Slightly faster than the black and good for aerobatics. Too slow for 3D flip flop flying. Not a really big difference like the greenies.

Black Paddles
30g. Was too slow for my liking. However, I must admit that I did quite like them when I was flying the 30size.


No comments :