Monday, January 7, 2008

Honey bee king V2 setup

This king v2 is setup from all the extra electronics that I had. I got this because it was really cheap, $80 for the kit and partly also because it flies real long on a pack that probably can only give a mini-titan 4mins of flight. Since I already have the raptor for throwing around, I don't really need this to be a good performing heli. What I have now in it:

2x gws pico servo & 1x tower pro 9g servo for cyclic, because these came from foamies and I only buy servos in pairs for foamies and I can't squeeze anything larger than those pico servos into the rear servo mounts.

1x gws naro servo for rudder, this is much better than the tower pro servo.

Vision hold heading 2000 gyro, aka robbe 3d gyro, its big and attract lots of attention

gws 6ch rx

align 20A esc and eksy 3800kv motor

Flightpower 1800mah, Polyquest 1800mah, GWS 1300mah

No upgrade on this because I only fly this for kick at the neighbourhood basketball court. Its small and cute, but extremely unstable and unpredictable. Still flyable though. Linkage balls are all plastic and the tail ratio is a bit too low for brushless motor, but for $80, I can't complain much. I got the t-rex canopy because my 1800mah batterys are too big to fit inside the stock canopy and the t-rex canopy looks pretty good too. Using the t-rex tail blades because the stock are simply too small to cope with the brushless. I have only done one flip with this heli and that ended up as a piro flip, probably partly gyro, partly tail ratio issue.

Tried this with a 149dp rx which is a pcm and I found the heli to be a lot more lock in and much more stable, the difference is great even in a basic piro hover. Took it out because I thought it wasn't worth it to risk a $200+ rx in a heli that cost $80.

No comments :