Thursday, December 27, 2007

DualSky vr-8l regulator & Flightpower evo-rx 1320 2s

I am using a dualsky regualtor because it looks well build, features packed and CHEAP. Sin$28 to be exact. Suppose to be good for 8-10amp, but I guess that is more for a 6v output because at 5v ouput, the heat output is a lot more than at 6v. Still, I would think its way more than enough for my heli because I only draw 2.2amp average and this thing was designed for giant scale planes that have a lot more(and better) servos than my heli.



Key Features
-5v to 6v adjustable output via a little knob/screw at the side-note, its 5-6v not 5v or 6v.
-Large heatsink-weights a hefty 66g
-Dual input and Output leads-No more 3amp limit of the tiny puny servo connector
-Wires come secured and gooped
-Failsafe Switch-A little loose I feel, you can choose not to use it though.
-3LED to tell you status of your LIPO pack
-CHEAP-inline with my idea of budget flying



So why choose flightpower when you want to fly cheap? The reason is because....it comes with with 2 JR output leads. So I have no need to buy 2 pairs of deans and resolder which will make other cheaper packs at least as expensive. Also, I had pretty bad luck with those cheap china lipo when I first started out with electric flight during those 8c lipo days. 1320mah for the light weight. Its good for 4 flight max, but I do 3 so I can land with ample reserve. In any case, I usually only do 3flight per trip to the field, unless its really a nice day.
I first tested it on my old kyosho landmax for fear of the regulator failing me, but it not only survived the vibes and knocks, it didn't seem to mind all the water, oil and nitro too. Got it fixed onto the raptor and started testing it. I have only had 2gallons on it so far, but its working great. Not a single glitch.



Pls Pardon the messy wiring job.




No comments :